1. Drink water when you wake up. Drinking water in the morning helps the body eliminate toxins buildup throughout the night.
2. Drink 8 to 12 glass of water a day. According to Mayo Clinic, a person weighs approximately 54 kg needs 8 glasses of water per day, while a person around 86 kg needs 12 glasses per day. Need to notice urine color so that part can recognize whether the body is lacking of water. However, it should only be 16 glasses a day, and not more. Consuming too much water can lead to electronic imbalance.
3. Drink water little by little throughout the day. Should drink water throughout the day instead of drinking 2 glass at a time. This will relieve heart stress.
4. Don’t wait until you’re thirsty then drink. At the time you feel thirsty, you almost skip 2 glasses of water for your body’s needs. Elderly people can hardly feel the amount of water needed for the body.
5. Drink water, don’t drink soft drinks, alcohol or coffee instead of water.
6. Practicing for children to drink water.
7. Drink more water when the weather is hot. People living in hot climate need to drink more water. They are more susceptible to kidney stones than those living in cold climates.
8. Drink more water while exercising. When exercising, you need to drink more water to compensate the lost body water. Drink 500 ml more water for a workout 30 min to 1 hr.
9. Drink more water when sick (depending on the case). Although you won’t feel thirsty, but you really need to drink more water to help your body recover after being attacked by the virus. If the body is dehydrated, the health condition is worse.
10. Drink more if you’re pregnant. Pregnant or breastfeeding women need more fluids to stay hydrated. Drink 10 glasses daily and breastfeeding women can drink about 13 glasses of liquid a day.